Weddings are beautiful and pre-wedding photo shoot has recently become a trend in wedding features. Though this trend has been in existence from way back, but definitely not in the way it’s been done now. Back then, lovers visit a photo studio to have one or two shots with boring poses, but now, outdoor photography with creative poses have taken over. Yipeeee!
There are three types of attitude people exhibit towards this trend:
Positive attitude: Some people welcome the trend and see it as meaningful to a wedding. The extreme is that some are obsessed with it and think that a wedding without a pre-wedding photo shoot doesn’t make sense.
Indifference: Some are neither for it nor against it. They are like, ‘whatever’.
Negative attitude: Some consider it unnecessary, even going as far as tagging those who opt for it as extravagant, childish, and excitement-seeking. Their argument is summed up in the question, ‘’People have been getting married without pre-wedding photo shoot, so what’s the need for it?’’
Well, it’s okay if you don’t see a need for a pre-wedding photo shoot but you don’t have to consider those who do as wasteful. It’s all about choice, and nothing more. There’s no superiority of choice. Variety is the spice of life, so it’s interesting to have people exhibit diverse attitudes. Lol.
I think I moved from having a negative attitude to indifference and then to a positive attitude towards it. I’m sure some of you will be like me after reading this post. Winks. So yes, my husband and I had a pre-wedding photo shoot and I’ll share with you its amazing benefits (some of which I learnt after the shoot anyway).
1. It gives you guys a relationship photo album, especially if you had a Long Distance Relationship (LDR) like us, where you didn’t have the luxury of taking a lot pictures together.
‘’Is it compulsory?’’ you might as ask.
Well, I don’t think spending some months or years in a relationship without having at least ten cute pictures you took together is a cool thing.
2. For invitation cards and videos, banners, and souvenirs. Pre-wedding photos (PWPs) are often printed on invitation cards to make them more colourful, especially in this current digital culture, where many intending couples opt for e-card invitation and video invitation.
PWPs are printed on banners, just like we did, to direct people to the wedding venue, especially if you have guests coming from far away. I’m pretty sure you don’t wanna have a bunch of stranded guests.
PWPs are also printed on souvenirs to make them more colourful and give guests sweet memories of the day.
3. PWPs add glitz and glamour to your wedding reception party. How? The PWPs are usually displayed in slides on a projector at the reception giving guests beautiful images to feed their eyes on. This could also help to divert hungry guests’ attention from their hunger before food gets to them. Lol.
4. PWPs create and keep memories of love that you’ll forever appreciate. A picture is worth a thousand words. You won’t appreciate them until years later when you have to look through them again. More so, you have something to show your children, your grandchildren, and your great grandchildren. Amen.
5. Do you know that looking through your PWPs can refresh your marital romance and even appease you when you’re angry with your spouse? When you look at your romantic and creative pre-wedding pictures, there’s this beautiful feeling it creates within you.
Personally, viewing our pre-wedding pictures usually send sweet shivers down my spine and subconsciously makes my lips part into smiles.
How can you stay angry with your spouse with this kind of reaction? Tell me.
6. And of course, the economic importance; it provides job opportunities for photographers and this is a way to help our economy. Yeah Yeah.
There you have it! Let me know in the comment box if you found this helpful and if you have other amazing benefits of pre-wedding photo shoot.
If you are reading this and you are a photographer, I think you should compensate me. I just promoted your business free of charge. Lol.
Don’t forget to share this post after reading. A lot of people need it.