Girls are known to like compliments, especially if they are coming from someone of the opposite sex.
Compliments make women feel good about themselves because we often need reassurance that what we’re wearing or how we look is okay.
Compliments are important in any relationship.
Not only do they make the person you’re complimenting feel good, but they show yourself to be a kind, generous, and considerate person.
Some men don’t know how to compliment a girl on her looks without sounding creepy or cheesy.
To start off with, there are two ways to approach a compliment.
The first way is to simply state what it is that you like about someone.
For example, if you were looking at her clothes and thought they were nice, you might say so by saying “I like your shirt.”
Another way would be to tell her what she reminds you of and why that’s flattering.
For example, if you thought she looked like Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, you could say something like “you look just like Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook.”
If you’re going for this second one, make sure it’s said in a sincere and complimentary tone; otherwise she’ll think you’re just trying to hit on her.
The key to a compliment is sincerity.
If you are not being sincere and the girl knows it, she will see right through you.
But if you can pull off a sincere compliment, the girl will feel like you really care about her and not just trying to get into her pants.
Also, don’t overcomplicate it by saying something like, “You have lovely eyes, they’re as blue as a clear day.”
That’s boring and generic.
Instead, try being more specific, such as:
“I love your boots. I bet you’re getting lots of compliments on them.”
“You look beautiful. What color lipstick is that?”
“What a pretty smile! You’re one of the most beautiful people I know.”
A compliment about her looks doesn’t have to be about her clothing; it can also involve her physical appearance or even an accessory she’s wearing.
For example, if she has an awesome purse on (one with a funky pattern), comment on that: “That purse is so cute! Where did you get it?”
If you’re complimenting her looks, try mentioning something that makes her stand out from the crowd (e.g., “I love your hair color”) or something that reveals something about her personality (e.g., “Your necklace really suits your style”).
This type of compliment shows that you’ve been paying attention to what she’s about and being observant about it.
You can tell if a girl has healthy self-esteem or if she is self-confident by how she reacts to you complimenting her.
So, now that you know the fundamentals of how to compliment a girl physically without sounding awkward, treat yourself to some examples of compliments for a girl’s looks.
How to Compliment a Girl on Her Looks
- You look beautiful today!
2. You look so pretty today!
3. I really love your hair!
4. I like those shoes!
5. I love your necklace!
6. That color looks great on you!
7. You always look so happy and cheerful!
8. What a cute dress!
9. I love the way you wear your hair!
10. You have a beautiful smile!
11. Those pants look really cute on you
12. You have beautiful eyes!
13. Nice dress sense
14. I like your smile
15. Your lips are really pretty
16. I love your hair style
17. You are so beautiful when you blush/giggle (this is good if she blushes easily)
18. It’s easy to talk with someone who has a smile like yours (This will make her feel comfortable around you)
19. You look so sexy (depending on your relationship) in that dress/skirt/sari/suit (pick the one which is appropriate) (This will make her feel special)
20. You look like a model
More Examples of How to Compliment a Girl on Her Looks
21. You have the prettiest eyes
22. You’re the prettiest girl in the room
23. You’re the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen
24. Your smile could light up the world
25. You have a face that could launch a thousand ships; I’d happily sail with you!
26. You’re absolutely stunning
27. Nothing can take away from your beauty
28. That ring looks gorgeous on your finger
29. Those shoes look sharp with that outfit
30. You look lovely in that dress/shirt/jeans etc.
16 Signs You Are Intimidating To Guys
7 Things That Make a Man Want to Marry You
How to be a Woman He Doesn’t Want to Lose
18 Signs He Will Marry You Someday
31. It’s amazing how good your hair looks when it’s down
32. You have great skin! I wish I could get mine to look like that
33. You look fantastic today!
34. That color really brings out the sparkle in your eyes!
35. Your hair looks great like that!
36. I’ve always thought you had great taste in clothes, and this outfit is no exception!
37. I love how your eyes get all twinkly when you’re happy
38. You look great no matter what you wear
39. You always smell nice (or clean)
40. That perfume always makes me think of you
41. I love your outfit
42. You have such an amazing figure
43. You have very pretty hands and nails
44. I love the color of your skin
45. That outfit is so flattering on you
46. The way you do your makeup is really cute
47. I’m very impressed with how you dress. It shows how much effort you put into your appearance
48. You look stunning
49. I love the sound of your voice
50. You’re flawless!
I hope you enjoyed these 50 compliments for a girl’s looks.
Compliments will always be a highly personal matter, and it’s impossible to speak for each individual.
But keep in mind that the above examples should work for the vast majority of people.
And you should tailor your delivery accordingly.
If you truly believe a compliment to be true, then by all means say so.
All too often, people are afraid to give or receive compliments because they don’t want to offend or come off as vain.
But when handled correctly, compliments can be an incredibly positive way to build bonds with others.
What to Do When He Stops Making an Effort
My Boyfriend Ignores Me When I Cry
He Stopped Talking to Me But Likes My Pictures
Signs a Guy Is Jealous and Likes You